Its been a month since little Marleigh graced our lives and we have all sort of got on schedule. Now its time for this momma to get back on track with health and fitness. With Miette we ate very healthy and organically (when we could) but recently I have not been putting the best things into our bodies. So my goal this week is to start eating more wholefully (real foods and less processed) and to start exercising.
- Here’s a look at what we’ve been eating this week:
There’s been a lot of H20 drinking for me! Breastfeeding keeps me pretty thirsty so its easy to get in about 150 oz a day.
I tried a new recipe. Toss chicken thighs, sliced pears, apples, and broccoli with EVOO and S+P. Mix maple syrup, mustard, wor. sauce, and cinnamon. Then toss the chicken once again. Bake at 400 for 40 min.
This was our breakfast this morning. I scrambled eggs and added some spinach in with it, sliced strawberries, and toast which I added a mashed avocado and drizzled honey on top. This was actually the first time I ever tried avocado and it was good!
- Miette helped me make roasted chickpeas (cinnamon sugar). She loves to help in the kitchen and its such a bonding experience. We drained a can of chickpeas
dried them out of a paper towel
Tossed them in with some veggie oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Then roasted them for 10 minutes. Took out and tossed around with sugar then baked for another 15 minutes. (our oven is weird so our cook times are different)
- Thursday I went for my first run. Oh my goodness! I am definitely out of shape! I did worse than I thought I was going to do, but that has only made me more determined to get back into running. The last time I truly went for a run was before I was pregnant with MacKenzie. I started with walking 2 minutes and running for 1 min for 30 minutes. Afterward I felt good but my uterus has been so sore for the past two days!
- Daddy takes the girls out when he gets home after they get up from nap which is so exciting for them. We are sort of limited in staying inside because of Marleigh and the cold. Its nice to watch them and to have uninterrupted cuddle time with the baby love. But we do get to go out on the nice days of the week and enjoy the sun.
- I got a haircut! Its been about 2 years since my last cut and I went all out and chopped it all off! Such a good decision, so much easier to maintain.
Time is going by so fast. Its my third time and it’s still amazes me how fast they grow up. I just want to cherish every moment I have with them while they are still little.
- Late evening are pretty rough for all of us. Marleigh screams bloody murder for several hours (usually about 8-10) and there is nothing that pleases her. We are going to try gripe water tonight and see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed!
- Breastfeeding is going pretty smoothly. Its so different from feeding Kenzie. Marleigh eats when she is hungry but its not much. Kenzie on the other hand was constantly hungry and very impatient to eat which in turn resulted in a poor latch.
- Other than going to sleep later than usual she sleeps really well. Only getting up twice during the night to eat (2:30 and 4:30). But depending on how much she napped that day is how long she stays up at 2:30. She likes to just look around and she gets mad if I start rocking her or swaddle her in her blanket.
- During the day she is cooing and smiling a lot. Most Adorbs!! She has the cutest little face in the world.
- Kenzie is infatuated with her. Its has gotten to the point where I don’t feel comfortable leaving the room for just a second if they are both in the same room. Once I come back Kenzie is either sitting right beside her and giving her kisses or recently has been trying to pick her up. She loves her so much but I have to keep my eye her lol.
- Miette is getting back in to the groove and getting used to having to share the attention threefold. For awhile she was obsessed with being in the middle. From being in the middle of the couch, walking between Kyle and I, or she would cry and whine if we paid too much attention to Kenz or Marliegh and saying “You don’t love me! You never laugh at me!”. Hopefully it has passed because it does tear my heartstrings when she says that. I already feel guilty I can’t give all the girls my undivided attention but I want them to know I love them so much.
Yesterday was a full day of dress up since Miette was home for a snow day! Both girls created a fashion show for their Momma. Seriously the cutest thing ever.
It was amazing weather outside (68 degrees) so after Daddy got home from work we went to lunch at a new burger joint in town with the two babies (Miette had spent the night at her MawMaws). It was Marleigh’s first outing and she slept the whole time up until our food came out. We were ambitious but we hurry and ate in turns while we tried to feed her a bottle instead of boob. I have not mastered the art of public breastfeeding and am really shy and didn’t want to bust a boob out on the sidewalk (we ate outside). Though Daddy tells me its okay and that I shouldn’t care what other people think. Gotta love him. Then it was into the sling she went while we walked over to the town playground down the road with Kenzie holding both our hands (love those moments).
Snowy Day! (how it goes from warm spring weather to 4 inches of snow the next day is beyond me) We stayed indoors and
messed the house played playdough and crafted.
Another day stuck inside. Boo! But we got out our free play box (a box full of paper, stickers, glue, scissors, glitter, crayons, markers) and Miette created cards for her friends at school. MacKenzie worked on holding her crayons the right way (which she is really good at) and coloring.
Back to school it was and when Miette got home I set up a little doctors clinic using her kitchen. That was a big hit.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Normal days of catching up on everything and cuddling and playing with the littles. :)
Over the past few weeks I’ve been wondering how I’m going to juggle three children and their schedules. We are a very routine family. Every morning is the same with wake up time, cups of milk in hand and snuggling with mommy for about an hour before we get up to get ready for the day. I was a little worried how I was going to continue this with a little newborn in my arms and how the girls were going to adjust to it (mainly Kenzie since she is more in need of my snuggles :) ) But so far it has worked out with Marleigh getting up to eat right before the girls wake up so they still all have their mammatime.
- The first couple of days home were a real adjustment for Kenzie mostly. Miette loves her new baby sister and wants to constantly hold her and help with her. She sits by her bouncy seat when she is in it and makes faces or just places her hand on Marleighs hand for a few minutes before running off to her next adventure. MacKenzie on the other hand wanted nothing to do with her the first two days. It seemed as if she was mad at me for bringing this baby into the house because she would not even come to me or sit in my lap or anything. She sat on a different couch and just stared at us. It was so sad. But thankfully by the third day she started warming up and sitting beside us and showing a little interest in the little babe. After a week she now shows her loving and gives her kisses.
- Marleigh’s sleeping habits are pretty good. I was expecting to be up all night and so far that has only happened one day this week. All other nights she gets up every two hours pretty much on the dot. I was advised by the nursing staff at the hospital that every three hours at night was what I should do but I do a more on demand breastfeeding.
- Speaking of breastfeeding, Marleigh is a dream child when it comes to it. Right from the beginning she had the perfect latch and she continues to be so perfect. One of my biggest fears was that she was going to be like Miette and Kenzie and that I would just have a horrible time breastfeeding but it has been the complete opposite
We welcomed Marleigh Ann Lally into our hearts February 22, 2014 at a solid 8 lbs. and 4 oz. Life is about to get a little bit more special with three girls in the house. :)
Lots of snowy and rainy days these past few weeks, which means a lot of indoor playtime. This momma is running out of ideas! Along with muddy boots and wet floors we’ve been getting prepared for Baby Girl 3′s arrival. Next week is the official due date but this mommy is so ready now!
My parents invited us to their vacation to Nags Head, NC last week. It wasn’t that long of a ride (4 hours—5 hours with traffic) since we live right above in Virgnia, but it was long enough to leave us aching to get out of the van for sure. Miette rode with my parents and Kenzie traveled with me, my brother and his girlfriend. I can’t vouch for Miette but Kenzie did amazing the whole way.
The house my parents rented for the week was one block away from the beach. Every morning my dad and Miette got up and went to walk on the beach watching the sunset and picking seashells. Mommy stayed in bed with MacKenzie until she woke up at 6:30.
There was a lot of beach going (for a couple of hours a day). Both girls did surprisingly well. Kenzie enjoyed playing in the sand and Miette did very well with staying in the shallow part of the water. Not any meltdowns until we left.
We arrived Saturday evening and enjoyed unpacking and the view while munching some delivery pizza. Sunday was the first beach day. Not hot and not chilly…perfect 84 degree weather. Monday though was a rainy all day. So it was inside we were stuck….alllll day. The rest of the week was our saving grace. Perfect weather though the news called for scattered thunderstorms all week.
Along with living the life of beach bums during the day there was a lil put put gaming going on.