Some days it is fine but others its a screaming match. We wait for the bus to come pick our Miette up..
And we sit and wait with her nicely in our carseats
Mommy goes to work till 12 on Mondays and Thursdays then we come home for a little. I put them down for a nap at 2:00. Of course, Miette’s bus drops her off at 3:30, so 30 minutes before the babies usually wake up I scoop each one up and slip them in the van and just let the grumpiness, yawns, and tears start.
and then I finally get these faces
and then finally this girls face
I’m a little late but at least I’m back. I want to start with the beginning of September. Miette’s first day of Kindergarten and my first day back at work (and first time working full time in a long time- since before Kenz was born) and MacKenzie and Marleighs frist time at a real babysitters!
Everything happened on one day. I woke up extra early and fixed three lunches then rallied all the girls up and into clothes. Off we went to the bus-stop to wait for the bus.
Not one tear was shed by this little one. Not One!! But I had a few. Kenzie of course didn’t understand what was going on and screamed and cried when the bus took her MeMe away (Doh! didn’t think about preparing her!). Then it was off to the babysitters and of course Marleigh did fine and Kenz cried and cried. Definitely broke my heart to leave!
But it took just a week of going before Kenz adjusted to this!
My first day back to work was fun though. It was nice to be back in the school greeting and playing with all the kids. I missed being a teacher last year so it was a nice return. Love getting all my worksheets and theme ideas ready. Helping decorate the board and sharpening pencils.
When everyone finally returned home I asked Miette’s day would and tell me what she did and her answer: “Just stuff Mom, Geez”
Hitting the 5 month marker! Marleigh is still a bit of a stinker and likes to cry a lot but it has let up a bit in the past few weeks. Hallelujah! Her sisters still love on her constantly and I have to beat them off with a stick to give her some peace. She is also such a Mommy’s girl! Clingy! And exclusively breastfeeding and refuses to take any type of bottle (we have tried all). Makes it hard for this Mama to get anytime to myself. Five minutes after I leave her with my mother (bible school for a week from 5-8) or her father she was start crying and not stop till I get back. I don’t get out much haha.
Sleeping: Off and on. Some nights she gets up four or five times and other nights she sleeps till about 4 and nurses then up at 7. I usually get her up and put her in bed with me since Kyle leaves to get ready for work at around 2.
Feeding: Nursing every two hours of so. I have been trying to stretch it to three hours and to get her on a schedule but she just refuses. When she is tired and wants to nap she wants to stay at the breast the whole time. Its constantly an up and down battle for any naps. Will not take any type of bottle or pacifier. We also started on some oatmeal every once in awhile. Her face lights up and she starts jumping (in a baby way) when I put the bib on and pull the bowl out.
Napping: She hates them to high heaven. Fights them.
I’m terrified for September when she and Kenzie will be going to a babysitter for the morning while I work. She’s not going to be ready. Kenzie won’t be ready. I wont be ready. Then add to it that Miette will be going to Kindergarten :( None of my girls have been to a babysitter. If I need someone to watch them its always Kyle, Mom, or Kyle’s Mother. I’m scared that the babysitter is going to call me that first day tell me to come pick her up and that she can’t watch her. That’s how difficult she is. Cries a lot, refuses a bottle, constantly wants to nurse. But I love her to pieces!
We don’t have internet at our house so I post when I can :) Plus this summer has been a lot of us being homebodies due to the fact that Marleigh is an extreme homebody and hates going out. It has been such a difference going from two kids to three. Two was a piece of cake compared. It doesn’t help that Marleigh is such a clingy baby to me and she wants nothing to do with anyone. So no babysitters and no mommy leaving the house without her. (most of the time I don’t mind…I love my little baby girl and all her grumpiness). Here’s a quick look at whats been going on.
Miette graduated preschool. This September she begins Kindergarten. Where did my little girl go!?
I taught the preschool and kindergarten class for our churchs Vacation Bible School. What fun was had!! Its always such a treasure teaching and we had such a great turn out! Whoop Whoop!
Lots of Popsicles and a little bit of pool time. My parents and Kyles parents have big pools but with everyone at work during the day its hard to do. It impossible for me to get Kenzie into a floater and hold on to Marleigh at the same time by myself. So we mostly stay at home and enjoy our tiny little pool. Just enough to cool off on a hot day. Marleigh and Miette are such a water babies right from the beginning. Marleigh loves getting in the pool and bathtime is her favorite part of the day. Kenzie has a love hate relationship.
And there’s been hugs and fights and love and time outs.
1. What is your name? Miette
2. What is your favorite color? pink and purple
3. What is your favorite toy? ponies
4. What is your favorite food? fruit
5. What is your favorite TV show and movie? Max and Ruby and Frozen!
6. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? apples and carrots and lunchables
7. What is your favorite outfit? snow white dress
8. What is your favorite game? mario!
10. What is your favorite animal? unicorns
11. What is your favorite book? barbie ballet
12. Who is your best friend? Abbigail
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside? swing on the swingset
14. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? a cowgirl on a ranch
17. Where do you want to go on vacation? on the beach
19. Who do you love? i love Abbi
20. What’s your favorite drink? Milk
Its been a month since little Marleigh graced our lives and we have all sort of got on schedule. Now its time for this momma to get back on track with health and fitness. With Miette we ate very healthy and organically (when we could) but recently I have not been putting the best things into our bodies. So my goal this week is to start eating more wholefully (real foods and less processed) and to start exercising.
- Here’s a look at what we’ve been eating this week:
There’s been a lot of H20 drinking for me! Breastfeeding keeps me pretty thirsty so its easy to get in about 150 oz a day.
I tried a new recipe. Toss chicken thighs, sliced pears, apples, and broccoli with EVOO and S+P. Mix maple syrup, mustard, wor. sauce, and cinnamon. Then toss the chicken once again. Bake at 400 for 40 min.
This was our breakfast this morning. I scrambled eggs and added some spinach in with it, sliced strawberries, and toast which I added a mashed avocado and drizzled honey on top. This was actually the first time I ever tried avocado and it was good!
- Miette helped me make roasted chickpeas (cinnamon sugar). She loves to help in the kitchen and its such a bonding experience. We drained a can of chickpeas
dried them out of a paper towel
Tossed them in with some veggie oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Then roasted them for 10 minutes. Took out and tossed around with sugar then baked for another 15 minutes. (our oven is weird so our cook times are different)
- Thursday I went for my first run. Oh my goodness! I am definitely out of shape! I did worse than I thought I was going to do, but that has only made me more determined to get back into running. The last time I truly went for a run was before I was pregnant with MacKenzie. I started with walking 2 minutes and running for 1 min for 30 minutes. Afterward I felt good but my uterus has been so sore for the past two days!
- Daddy takes the girls out when he gets home after they get up from nap which is so exciting for them. We are sort of limited in staying inside because of Marleigh and the cold. Its nice to watch them and to have uninterrupted cuddle time with the baby love. But we do get to go out on the nice days of the week and enjoy the sun.
- I got a haircut! Its been about 2 years since my last cut and I went all out and chopped it all off! Such a good decision, so much easier to maintain.
Time is going by so fast. Its my third time and it’s still amazes me how fast they grow up. I just want to cherish every moment I have with them while they are still little.
- Late evening are pretty rough for all of us. Marleigh screams bloody murder for several hours (usually about 8-10) and there is nothing that pleases her. We are going to try gripe water tonight and see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed!
- Breastfeeding is going pretty smoothly. Its so different from feeding Kenzie. Marleigh eats when she is hungry but its not much. Kenzie on the other hand was constantly hungry and very impatient to eat which in turn resulted in a poor latch.
- Other than going to sleep later than usual she sleeps really well. Only getting up twice during the night to eat (2:30 and 4:30). But depending on how much she napped that day is how long she stays up at 2:30. She likes to just look around and she gets mad if I start rocking her or swaddle her in her blanket.
- During the day she is cooing and smiling a lot. Most Adorbs!! She has the cutest little face in the world.
- Kenzie is infatuated with her. Its has gotten to the point where I don’t feel comfortable leaving the room for just a second if they are both in the same room. Once I come back Kenzie is either sitting right beside her and giving her kisses or recently has been trying to pick her up. She loves her so much but I have to keep my eye her lol.
- Miette is getting back in to the groove and getting used to having to share the attention threefold. For awhile she was obsessed with being in the middle. From being in the middle of the couch, walking between Kyle and I, or she would cry and whine if we paid too much attention to Kenz or Marliegh and saying “You don’t love me! You never laugh at me!”. Hopefully it has passed because it does tear my heartstrings when she says that. I already feel guilty I can’t give all the girls my undivided attention but I want them to know I love them so much.
Yesterday was a full day of dress up since Miette was home for a snow day! Both girls created a fashion show for their Momma. Seriously the cutest thing ever.
It was amazing weather outside (68 degrees) so after Daddy got home from work we went to lunch at a new burger joint in town with the two babies (Miette had spent the night at her MawMaws). It was Marleigh’s first outing and she slept the whole time up until our food came out. We were ambitious but we hurry and ate in turns while we tried to feed her a bottle instead of boob. I have not mastered the art of public breastfeeding and am really shy and didn’t want to bust a boob out on the sidewalk (we ate outside). Though Daddy tells me its okay and that I shouldn’t care what other people think. Gotta love him. Then it was into the sling she went while we walked over to the town playground down the road with Kenzie holding both our hands (love those moments).
Snowy Day! (how it goes from warm spring weather to 4 inches of snow the next day is beyond me) We stayed indoors and
messed the house played playdough and crafted.
Another day stuck inside. Boo! But we got out our free play box (a box full of paper, stickers, glue, scissors, glitter, crayons, markers) and Miette created cards for her friends at school. MacKenzie worked on holding her crayons the right way (which she is really good at) and coloring.
Back to school it was and when Miette got home I set up a little doctors clinic using her kitchen. That was a big hit.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Normal days of catching up on everything and cuddling and playing with the littles. :)
Over the past few weeks I’ve been wondering how I’m going to juggle three children and their schedules. We are a very routine family. Every morning is the same with wake up time, cups of milk in hand and snuggling with mommy for about an hour before we get up to get ready for the day. I was a little worried how I was going to continue this with a little newborn in my arms and how the girls were going to adjust to it (mainly Kenzie since she is more in need of my snuggles :) ) But so far it has worked out with Marleigh getting up to eat right before the girls wake up so they still all have their mammatime.
- The first couple of days home were a real adjustment for Kenzie mostly. Miette loves her new baby sister and wants to constantly hold her and help with her. She sits by her bouncy seat when she is in it and makes faces or just places her hand on Marleighs hand for a few minutes before running off to her next adventure. MacKenzie on the other hand wanted nothing to do with her the first two days. It seemed as if she was mad at me for bringing this baby into the house because she would not even come to me or sit in my lap or anything. She sat on a different couch and just stared at us. It was so sad. But thankfully by the third day she started warming up and sitting beside us and showing a little interest in the little babe. After a week she now shows her loving and gives her kisses.
- Marleigh’s sleeping habits are pretty good. I was expecting to be up all night and so far that has only happened one day this week. All other nights she gets up every two hours pretty much on the dot. I was advised by the nursing staff at the hospital that every three hours at night was what I should do but I do a more on demand breastfeeding.
- Speaking of breastfeeding, Marleigh is a dream child when it comes to it. Right from the beginning she had the perfect latch and she continues to be so perfect. One of my biggest fears was that she was going to be like Miette and Kenzie and that I would just have a horrible time breastfeeding but it has been the complete opposite